- Is there a charge for the camp? Nope, there is no charge for Surfers Healing VB thanks to our great personal and community sponsors this event is free to those that are registered. So if you are pre-registered for the camp please show up ahead of your allotted time and be ready to have a great family beach day while your kids surf. Just show up at least 45 minutes before your surf time to check in.
- When will they announce the dates for this year’s camp?
Each year, we typically get the date of the camp nailed down by mid-February to early March. Once the date is nailed down, it will be updated on our website and on our Facebook page. Make sure to like us on Facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.
- What do we need to bring the day of the camp? Bring whatever you need so you and your children will be comfortable on the beach (towels, sunscreen, toys). We will have drinks, snacks and lunch provided but you may want to bring special dietary food or drinks just to be on the safe side. We provide the surf boards, leashes and life vests.
- Where do I park? There is Public Parking at 4th Street underneath the Rudee Inlet Bridge, about a half a block from the camp. The lot opens at 7am.
- Can I bring anyone in my family to watch my child surf or just immediate family? Please make it a family day! Bring whomever you like. We try to have enough food for everyone but maybe pack extra snacks/drinks if you are bringing a huge crowd
- I would like to volunteer to help out during one of your camps. How do I go about that? We love and appreciate our Surfers Healing Volunteers! You can find our volunteer opportunities listed HERE which will direct you through an online registration process. As the big day gets closer you will be receiving more details via email from us. Please note, we are unable to have volunteers under the age of 18.
- Where can I stay? There are plenty of hotels to choose from at the oceanfront of Virginia Beach. http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/hotels/ is a great site to help with hotel options.